Sunday, February 21, 2010

Busy quilting

I have been busy working on customer quilts this week. It isn't easy to find the time, between the kids and the kittens, but I'm trying. I'm getting a lot more phone calls regarding my quilting services, and that's a good thing.

It's true what they say about buying a longarm quilting machine, though. You run out of time to do your own quilting once you start quilting for others. Please don't take that as a complaint, though. :)

Once I get the current batch of customer quilts out the door, I'll be able to work on my birthday blocks project again. It's time to get some more blocks finished for that; I enjoy making blocks for other people, because I can express my creativity without being terribly concerned about how the finished quilt will look. Everyone expects their quilt to look scrappy, since the blocks are being created by so many people. Of course, I put a lot of extra effort into the blocks for others; I'm a "better done than perfect" type of quilter when doing quilts for myself, but I am quite capable of sewing a good quality block when necessary. Anyway, doing just one block at a time is fun.

I'm going to do some rearranging of my quilting loft this weekend. I want to remove the huge bookshelf that's there, while adding a desk for my scrapbooking supplies. I think I'll have more time to work on my photo albums if I can leave my pages out on the desk. That way, if I get called away from scrapbooking, I can simply come back to it whenever I have a few spare minutes. The same goes for quilting. I need to have everything set up and ready to go, so I can take full advantage of every minute I get to myself.

Every spare minute counts!

No comments: