Monday, February 1, 2010

Knitting News, etc.

This weekend, I joined two Mystery Shawl groups online. The first one started a week ago, so I'll have two clues to finish once my yarn arrives (hopefully today). The second one doesn't start until early March. Both are done by the same person, and they seem like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to getting started!

I am almost done with my first doll afghan for my "Grandchild Afghan Project." It's just a simple stockinette stitch afghan with a knitted frame, and it's made with one skein of KnitPick's Swish Worsted yarn and size 10 needles. I hope the little girls enjoy playing with it.

I haven't been crocheting lately. I have finished several inches of the Humane Society cat blanket, but I haven't had time to work on it this weekend. I am getting behind on my quilts, so I'll probably postpone crocheting for the time being.

Knitting will be my before-bed craft of choice this week. In addition to the doll blanket, I want to get my scarf finished, so I can wear it when it snows here again.

My third son is almost 18 years old, and he desperately wants a bicycle. Rather than give him a cheap one that will break within a few months, I have decided to hand down my Campagnolo racing components. My touring bicycle needs more rugged parts, and there's no point in letting those components sit in a box unused. I have a frame that someone gave me a few years ago that will fit J, and he's okay with using my pink-rimmed bicycle wheels on his black bike. I'll be the first to admit that his bicycle is going to look rather odd: an oddball cyclocross frame, racing components, and pink wheels aren't typically put together in one bike, but J doesn't care as long as it works. I haven't decided yet whether or not to do the work myself. I don't have a lot of bicycle tools yet, but considering the fact that I will be doing a lot more cycling this spring, it would be worth the investment. Besides, Sweetie is planning on getting himself a bicycle, too, which will make it much more worthwhile to have some bike shop tools at home.

So much to do, so little time!

No comments: