Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today will be my quilting day

I plan to spend today doing as much quilting as possible. My first order of business will be the First Saturday blocks for one of my local quilt shops; I'm making two sets, one for my 10-year-old daughter (nicknamed Twirler) and my 7-year-old son (Shakespeare). I had originally planned to teach them both how to quilt with these blocks, but life tends to get in the way, and I end up making the blocks right before we leave for the quilt shop. If the blocks are finished, the next month's blocks are free.

While I'm at the shop, I'm going to pick up Becky's Quilt of Valor for quilting. If all goes well, I'll be able to deliver her quilted quilt at Tuesday night's guild meeting, when I'll be picking up another quilt for quilting. Business is picking up, and I'm excited about it. My new quilt bags should be here by the end of next week; they are similar to the "fabric" grocery bags that are so popular now, but these are much larger and feature longer straps. The bags will have my logo on them, and I will be using them instead of extra large ziplock bags to return quilts to their owners after quilting. I'm also going to use them to take my quilts to the guild meetings for show and tell. They weren't cheap, since I had to buy 250 of them at once, but I think that I will make up that money by the end of the year.

I am almost done with my second son's first queen-sized quilt. It's one of my favorites so far, and I'm going to have a hard time letting it go. I know he will appreciate it. After I get done quilting the quilt-for-hire that came here all the way from Canada, I will work on binding all of my quilts. By the time I finish A's quilt, I will have six quilts in need of binding. Needless to say, binding is not my favorite thing to do, but I know it needs to be done.

Sweetie has promised to help with the kids this weekend, so I can get my work done. I hope that he keeps that promise, because I certainly have a lot to do!

No comments: