Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm going to insist on quilting time tomorrow

Today, Sweetie offered to take the kids to the zoo, so I could have time to work in my quilting loft without being interrupted by the little ones. It sounded like a great idea to me, and I was looking forward to the time to work.

Well, we had some blowing snow and cold temperatures here early this afternoon, so we decided to just take the kids to lunch. Sweetie asked me to come along at the last minute, so I threw on my clothes, pulled back my hair, and jumped in the car. (Yes, that means that I was still in my pajamas at noon today.) After lunch, Sweetie drove us to the local yarn shop, so I could pick out something pretty for Valentine's Day. I found three balls of sparkly pink yarn on sale, so I'm going to use them to make some lacy scarves for my three girls. Or just one lacy scarf for my oldest daughter, depending on how much yarn the pattern actually requires. It's fun to experiment with new yarns and patterns!

Once I get my customer quilts finished, I'm going to take a brief respite from quilting to piece some more birthday quilt blocks. With the exception of a last-minute addition to our roster (who has an early February birthday and is willing to wait for her blocks), I am caught up with birthdays through mid-March. I'd like to get more blocks finished this week, if possible. They don't take very long, once I actually find time to work on them.

Sweetie is playing hockey tonight, so I am going to relax for the rest of the evening. It's pretty peaceful here without the TV blaring in the living room, and I am going to enjoy listening to my music and knitting before I go to bed.

No comments: