Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time for Plan B

Plan A (quilt most of the day today) did not work out. I'm not sure what the children ingested today, but whatever it was, I want some. They were all bouncing off the walls, and amazingly enough, they kept it up most of the day.

Long story short, I have spent a grand total of ten minutes in my quilting loft today.

Twirler is sleeping up in my loft now, because she keeps her little sisters awake far too late at night. I wish I had known three years ago that we were going to end up staying here for the remainder of Sweetie's military career, because there is no way I would have settled for this three bedroom house if I had known that we were going to be here for more than five years. At the time, we had two girls and two boys, with a new baby girl due to arrive two weeks after closing. We had planned to spend a year and a half in this house, then we were going to move, so we figured it would be a decent house for our family until Sweetie received his final assignment. So much for that! Fortunately, we have a basement. It's unfinished, but we can still make a decent bedroom area for our daughter. We just have to wait for the weather to become warm again, so that our contractor can install an egress window in the basement. I certainly don't want her to get trapped down there.

My mystery sock club began today, and it's time to start working on my new socks. I've already informed everyone that tomorrow will be quilting day. I can only hope that it works out.

No comments: