Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life gets in the way

Mondays are always hectic for us. Shakespeare has Cub Scouts and Twirler has baton practice each Monday, so I usually spend the entire day running around. Yesterday was worse, because I had a dentist appointment at 8:30 in the morning. As I told the dental assistant yesterday, I am not a morning person, and Monday mornings are the absolute worst mornings for me. She promised to never let me try to make a morning appointment again.

Today, I had hoped to get some work done before taking Princess to her well-child checkup this afternoon. Unfortunately, our kitten is sick and needed to be taken to the clinic for tests and observation. The girls are running around like crazy right now, and I'm watching the clock. I want to arrive a little early, in hopes of getting seen before our appointment (although I'll settle for getting in on time, instead of an hour late, which has happened before).

There's a quilt guild meeting tonight, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to finish anything for show-and-tell. I'm going to try, though, because I have several quilts that just need to be bound, and if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get binding made, applied, and sewn down before the meeting. We'll have to see how cooperative the kids are going to be this afternoon.

It's not looking good so far, but I'm hoping for the best.

No comments: